'Sightseer' Girls Wide-Brimmed Sun Bonnet -Frankie/Flax
With an oversized brim for extra sun protection, our wide-brimmed bonnet is for the fans of broadbrims. This style generously covers faces, shoulders and chests, while the brim can even be worn turned up to show off the reverse and still be sun safe! Light and cool on heads, kids won't even realise they're wearing them! Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which can self-cool in summer and warm in winter, the Sightseer hat provides UPF50+ sun protection without overheating heads.
Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating solid colour on the other, you get two hats for the price of one. Adjustable ties at the back of the crown allow the perfect fit to be achieved, and elasticated straps tie sweetly into a bow under chins to keep hats in place. The elastic in the ties allows stretch and comfort, and ensures the ties aren't too tight.
Our Sightseer hats coordinate beautifully with our extended range of Heritage adult's and children's styles for a matchy-matchy look across ages.
We can’t stop designing striped hats! This time they’re tiny lines of burnt orangey yellow paired with neutral flax for a fresh summery feel. Available in Flap Hat, Sun Bonnet, Classic Bucket, Ladies Sun Hat, Adult’s Frayed Bucket and Ladies Wide-Brimmed Visor.
Best suited to: Independent kids on the move - perfect for outdoor adventures!
- Lightweight and comfortable for kids who fuss over hats.
- Extra-wide brims for feminine style.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and coordinating plain colour on the other.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Earthy colours and patterns inspired by nature for timeless style.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements).
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Slightly flexible and shapeable brims. Can be turned up for a different look that is still sun safe due to the size.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
NOTE: Chin ties can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat, you just need scissors!
No two heads are the same, so it's always best to measure your child's head to get the ideal fit.
Step 1: Distract the child with a toy or food (so they don't try to help you!).
Step 2: Use a measuring tape to take the measurement. Otherwise, use a ribbon to take the size then use a ruler to find the measurement.
Step 3: Choose a hat size with the smallest measurement closest to your child's head measurement. Our Sightseer Wide-Brimmed Bonnets have adjustable ties in the crown to get the perfect fit to your child's head size with a 4cm range in each hat. By choosing the smallest size of the range, you will get the most wear out of it.
FOR EXAMPLE: If your child's head measures 51cm, you will want the 50-54cm hat to ensure plenty of future wear. If your child's head is measuring 53cm, it's best to go to the 54-58cm as you can pull in the ties to make the hat size 54cm.
BRIM DEPTH - 'Sightseer' Wide-Brimmed Sun Bonnet
|6 - 12mth / 46 - 50cm / S||29cm||8.5cm|
|1 - 3 years / 50 - 54cm / M||30cm||9.5cm|
|3 - 6 years / 54 - 58cm / L||31cm||10.5cm|
|6 - 13 years / 58 - 62cm / XL||32cm||11.5cm|